Sunday, February 19, 2012

Action Research During My Busy Day???

     Teacher, Coach, Mother, Wife... All words to describe me.  I now must add Action Researcher to that list.  Like many of my classmates, I am concerned with the time factor in regards to the my plans for action research.  Where do I fit this in during the day?  After reading posts on our class discussion board and numerous blogs, I have decided to treat this research project as I treat all of my other duties in life; I will make it a daily scheduled event.  I help my children with homework from 4:30 to 5:30.  I cook dinner from 5:30 to 6:00.  I give math tutorials from 8:00 to 8:20.  I usually grade papers from 12:25 to 1:15.  I have now made this period my research period.  I plan to grade papers from 7:25 to 8:00. 
     I know that this timeline isn't very interesting or innovative however, I must create time in my day to research.  Structure is a vital part of my life (as any parent would know).  I plan to build in time for research so that I can effectively gain positive experience from this action research assignment.  Some researchers may say, "I will get the research done when I have time."  I can't operate like that.  Please feel free to comment on my strategy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment